Saturday, March 24, 2012

Back After a Little Break...

It's been a crazy month-plus, and this blog fell by the wayside. We had some family stuff to enjoy and get through, and then I caught the flu almost two weeks ago. I'm still getting over it.

So, to bring you up to speed... we thought we'd found a lot. It was a very nicely-sized lot, and it was in the same neighborhood as The Twin--about a block and a half away from it, actually. Decent price, too. The neighborhood looked okay, but the area around it was still scary. I had my good friend T, a Realtor, start investigating the lot for us, and then I pulled the crime reports for the area. The 2011-only report, when printed, was about half an inch thick. No bueno. We've decided not to pursue that area.

Never did hear back from the person I thought was the architect, so I'll contact D again and see if he can track him down for me.

Well, I just paid off my car, and in May, I'll start receiving another source of income (in addition to Wonderful Husband's and my salaries). For privacy's sake, I won't divulge what this is, only to say it's neither illegal nor immoral. Totally legit. Anyway, we'll work on prequalifying for a loan beginning in June. In the meantime, we need to find the plans for the house, and I need to look into the whole project manager thing- cost, etc.

Really missing my 'hood and peeps these days. We've been out here in BFE for about nine months, and it's obvious we're not getting out within the one year timeframe we imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment