Sunday, February 19, 2012

I Must Be Out of My Damn Mind

I bought "Building Your Home for Dummies" for my NOOK last night. What have we gotten ourselves into?????? Feeling overwhelmed. At least it's informative.

I think we'll need to have the plans BEFORE we find a lot (not land- I learned the difference between land and a lot. thanks, BYH4D), because you have to have approval of the plans to build. And since this house was designed 30+ years ago, some neighborhoods may not want it there; it may not "fit," aesthetically speaking. Shiiiiiiit.

In other news, BYH4D gave the link to the American Institute of Architects. There is the possibility I called the wrong guy... same name, but since I've left two voicemails and haven't received a response... at least this way I can better search for him.

1 comment:

  1. I was wigging out and so overwhelmed by the book's info that Wonderful Husband took it away from me and told me to quit reading it (as he gave me a hug). Trying not to lose faith.

    ReplyDelete